BioCanRx is focused on accelerating promising cancer immuno biotherapeutics to clinical trials, with a specific interest in testing combination biotherapeutics to maximize impact for patients. We have a pipeline approach to our development portfolio from proof of concept research to clinical trials. Through international review and oversight provided by our Research Management Committee (RMC), we are improving the quality of the science, thereby improving the quality of data and the therapies moving into clinical trials. We put our money where our mouth is: as a result of our partnership with the Cancer Stakeholder Alliance, we have invested in early HTA and made patient partnerships in our research a priority. This has led to innovative clinical trial protocol development with the patient at its centre.
Together, we can:
- Leverage donor funds, building on existing and previous investments in basic research;
- Accelerate the arrival of cancer biotherapeutics into the clinics to patients who need it most;
- Improve the quality of science to reduce risk to patients and improve the efficacy of therapies going to trial;
- Develop relevant content for the patient community with respect to cancer biotherapeutics, clinical trials in cancer biotherapeutics, and physician education;
- Provide training to patients as partners in research and also training investigators on working with patients as partners;
- Bring a collective voice of experts together to adapt current policies to the outcomes of biotherapeutics for cancer treatment;
- Provide a vehicle to foster synergistic research collaboration in the area of cancer biotherapeutics by supporting our project portfolio;
- Provide support through cancer coaching programs across Canada;
- Through BioCanRx’s annual scientific meeting, Summit for Cancer Immunotherapy, connect with researchers carrying out cutting edge research in Canada and participate in the Learning Institute.
Dr. Stéphanie Michaud