BioCanRx is a network focused on accelerating the arrival in the clinic of cancer biotherapeutics so patients can benefit from the best that science has to offer. We are doing this by coupling world class researchers and innovative cancer therapeutic discovery funded by Canadian investments in basic research, with significant prior investment in bio-manufacturing infrastructure.
We are also providing specialized training to highly qualified personnel in the translational space of therapeutic development, making them industry-ready.
By accelerating innovative therapeutic development, building a bio-manufacturing infrastructure, and training highly qualified personnel, we are preparing Canada to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the unfolding promise of the cancer biotech sector.
Through international review and oversight provided by our Research Management Committee (RMC) we are improving the quality of the science, thereby improving the quality of data and the therapies moving into clinical trials.
At BioCanRx, we:
- Build on existing and previous investments in basic research;
- Leverage existing and previous public investments in research infrastructure;
- Are building the needed bio-manufacturing infrastructure;
- Are building a strong biotherapeutics R&D sector;
- Training the next generation of researchers in this space;
- Bringing a collective voice of experts together to adapt current policies to the outcomes of biotherapeutics for cancer treatment;
- Are demonstrating the value of research investments to Canadians;
Dr. Stéphanie Michaud