“BioCanRx is bridging the gap between research excellence and opportunity!” – Dr. John Bell, BioCanRx Scientific Director
BioCanRx has an incredible opportunity to advance novel, life-saving Canadian biotherapeutics that could significantly improve the outcomes for cancer patients. As a leader in Canada’s biotherapeutics sector, BioCanRx is taking full advantage of our country’s unique expertise by setting strategic direction for cancer biotherapeutic development in Canada.
At BioCanRx, we are enabling delivery of cancer biotherapeutics to clinical testing by supporting traditionally difficult-to-fund work in the translational phase of development. We also provide funding through our research program to evaluate and position the technologies for clinical, social and economic impact.
Available to our network is a wheelhouse of specialty expertise, training and infrastructure such as the BioCanRx core facilities and BioCanRx’s HQP Training Program. All of this is backed by the excellence found within the mandate and membership of our Research Management Committee (RMC).
We are improving the therapies that make it into clinical trials to ultimately transform the lives of thousands of Canadians receiving treatment every day.
What we offer:
- Provide funds in the translational space that is difficult to obtain elsewhere to support translation of promising cancer biotherapeutics from the lab to the clinic
- Match translational development needs with expertise;
- Provide access to specialty infrastructure and services in the translational space;
- Deliver strong project review from work leaders in the field that is quick, iterative and provides valuable feedback
- Improve the quality of science, reducing the risk to patients and improving the therapies going to trial
- Broker relationships with researchers, partners and stakeholders
- Offer funds for specialty training.
Dr. Jennifer Quizi
Our research funding process:
BioCanRx uses a three step translational process to translate biotherapeutic discoveries from the lab to the clinic. Those steps are supported by our Clinical, Social and Economic Impact Program and through our support of BioCanRx Core Facilities. To learn more about our research program, please visit: http://www.biocanrx.com/research-program
BioCanRx’s Research Management Committee provides review and oversight on our project portfolio ensuring projects are delivering on their timelines and reviewing project proposals. To learn more about our RMC please visit: www.biocanrx.com/research-management-committee.